From Splunk Wiki
Find information about the components of a Splunk deployment, your options when deploying, what choices you have with respect to high availability, and information about tuning factors.
General Deployment Topics
- Estimate Your Storage Requirement (Official Splunk documentation)
- Components of a Splunk deployment (Official Splunk documentation)
- Planning your Splunk deployment (Official Splunk documentation)
- Deployment models
- Installing Splunk in the Enterprise Step by Step
- Deploying Splunk Light Forwarders
- How to install and run multiple versions on a single Windows box?
- Where do I configure my Splunk settings?
- High availability and Splunk
- Splunk tuning factors
- Deployment scenario: high security requirements
- Hardware tuning factors
- Deploy users and roles to multiple servers
- Script for deploying a Splunk forwarder on Windows hosts
- Install Splunk on FreeBSD 7.x
- Setting web timeouts
- Splunk Visio stencil library - use this to make pretty pictures of your Splunk deployment!
- What is Splunk's footprint?
- Modifying indexed data via export and import
- Common Event Sizes (Reference Table) - useful reference to help in estimating daily indexing volume and/or storage capacity
- Splunk Deployment Server: Setup, Sizing, Troubleshooting
- How to add an additional search head to your distributed deployment
- How To Set Up Search Head Pooling and Shared Bundle
- How Splunk behaves when receiving or forwarding udp data: Tested how Splunk works as syslog server or syslog event forwarder.
- How to change owner of saved searches using REST API: CLI example to change owner of savedsearches using REST call
- Information on Splunk Socket Behavior for explanation, troubleshooting and analysis
- A recipe to limit splunk memory on Linux systems with Control Group Tools
- Splunk Bucket Retention, Timestamps, and You
Creating and Deploying Certificates
How to contribute
Want to add information to an existing topic or create a new topic? Click here for instructions.